Dart 31364275 – Cast Iron SHP Engine Block Ford Small Block 8.200″ Deck, 4.125 Bore, Billet Caps
Designed for high performance and heavy duty applications, the SHP block is the ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
The SHP Ford block is tailored to the most popular performance and racing applications, with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w) deck height and a choice of 4.000” or 4.125” siamese cylinder bores which can safely be bored to 4.185”. Steel main caps are splayed 4-bolt on the center three and 2-bolt on #1 and #5, and utilize 1/2” bolts. The valley is machined to accept factory roller lifter guides and retainer (spider).
- Priority main oiling system directs oil to main bearings first for more dependable lubrication.
- Available with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w).
- Provisions for OE stock roller lifters, dog bones & spider.
- Siamese bores 4.000” or 4.125” (unfinished) with extra thick cylinder walls.
- Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
- Steel 4-bolt main caps on #2, 3 and 4 with splayed outer bolts. 2-bolt main caps on #1 and 5.
- Can use most stock components and accessories.
- Scalloped water jackets increase coolant flow around cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- Parts kit sold separately (PN 32000015).