Dart 31121112 Cast Iron Iron Eagle Engine Block Chevy Small Block 350 Mains, 4.000 Bore, +.391″ Raised Cam, Billet Steel Caps
Race block available with tall deck and with raised cam location. Provisions for wet or dry sump oiling systems. Maximum effort racing engines.
Iron Eagle small blocks are available in standard (9.025”) and tall deck (9.325”) versions so you can select the crankshaft stroke and connecting rod length that’s right for your combination.
We raised the camshaft and spread the oil pan rails to provide extra clearance for stroker cranks. The versatile Iron Eagle block is the perfect starting point for a big cubic inch small block project.
• Standard 9.025” and tall deck 9.325” versions allow greater versatility.
• Raised camshaft .391” (4.912” camshaft-to-crankshaft centerlines) provides more clearance for stroker cranks and eliminates need for fragile small base circle cams. Option for .434 raised cam also available.
• Relocated oil pan rails are spread .400” per side (.800” wider than stock) to increase crank/rod clearance and reduce windage losses.
• Requires use of remote oil filter. No provision for block mounted filters.
• Oil pan bolt holes are relocated in line with main caps to eliminate interference with rotating assembly.
• Big block camshaft bearings allow the use of cams with larger base circle diameter to improve strength and reduce twisting with cam-driven pumps (small block cam tunnel available).
• Dual starter mounts allow starter to be mounted on either side of block for chassis and oil pan clearance.
• Front & rear external oil inlets, crossovers and restrictor provisions to simplify plumbing with external pump.
• Parts kit included (PN 32000011).
Material: Superior iron alloy
Bore: 4.000″ or 4.125″ (unfinished)
Bore/Stroke: 4.185″ x 4.125″ (max recommended)
Cam Bearing Bore ID: SBC 2.00″ / 2.120″ 50mm Roller Brg- 2.2819″-2.2831″
Cam Bearings: Specially-coated & grooved with three oil holes
Cam Bearing OS: +.010″, +.020″, +.030″
Cam Bearing Press: .002″
Cam Plug: 2.375″ shallow cup
Cylinder Wall Thickness: .275″ minimum @ 4.185″ bore
Deck Height: 9.025″ & 9.325″
Deck Thickness: .625″ minimum
Fuel Pump: Mechanical pump provision
Fuel Pump Pushrod: +.200″ long. 5.950″OA
Freeze Plugs: Press-in cup plugs 1-5/8″
Lifter Bores: SBC .8427″ to .8437″
Main Bearing Size: 2.450″ (350) 2.650″ (400)
Main Bearing Bore: 2.6401 +/-.001″(350). 2.8401″ +/-.001″ (400)
Main Caps: Billet steel, 4 bolt, center 3
Main Cap Register: Deep stepped register on each side (no need for dowels)
Main Cap Press: .005″
Oil System: Wet sump, main priority oiling (can use dry sump)
Oil Pump Shaft: BBC shaft with wet sump
Oil Filter: No provision (must use remote filter)
Oil Pan: Standard Pan rails spread.400″ each side
Rear Main Seal: 350 main, standard seal, 400 main Felpro 2909
Serial Number: On main caps and left front
Starter: Standard SBC
Stud Hole/Head: Blind holes
Timing Cover: Can use stock stamped steel or plastic
Torque: 65 ft/lbs (7/16″ bolts), 35 ft/lbs (3/8″ bolts)
Weight: 205 lbs